THE 39th Annual Dalby Stock Horse Sale is on next weekend, with plenty planned by the Darling Downs branch of the Australian Stock Horse Society.
An impressive 185 entries from mostly around Queensland and New South Wales have been catalogued for the event.
"Selling agent GDL stud stock manager Harvey Weyman Jones said regular vendors had reduced their entries this year to reflect the solid emphasis on quality rather than quantity.
Top prices have ranged from $30,000 - $40,000 with mares averaging from $8500 - $9500 and geldings from $5500 - $6200.
Full details of the weekends events are available at www.darlingdownsashs. com.au.
Dalby Stock Horse Sale
- Friday, November 29. 5am - 3pm: Sale Incentive Draft
- Friday, noon - 4pm: Vendor's lunch
- Friday, 3pm - late: Open draft
- Friday, 7pm - midnight: Entertainment
- Saturday, November 30. 8am - 4pm: Sale inspection parade and working horse display
- Saturday, 7pm - midnight: Night entertainment and invitational stallion show
- Sunday, December 1. 8am - 4pm: 39th Annual Approved Australian Stock Horse Sale
- Sunday, 1pm: DDASHS, GDL and Dalby Stock Horse Sale art exhibition charity auction