Roma prime cattle
A TOTAL of 1054 head of cattle were penned at Roma's Prime Sale last Thursday.
- Steers over 550kg sold to 161c/kg and averaged 143c/kg, while steers in the 400-550kg sold to 159c/kg and averaged 146c/kg.
- Heidi Schutt, Talana, Roma, sold Charolais-cross steers to 161c/kg for 631kg to return $1022 a head.
- The Bishoff family, Woodlawn, Injune, sold Brahman steers to 158c/kg and averaged 156c for 600kg to make $935 a head.
- Ken Copeland, Windermere, St George, sold Angus-cross steers to 150c/kg for 751kg to return $1128 a head.
- Heifers over 450kg sold to 157c/kg and averaged 139c/kg, while heifers in the 350-450kg category returned 135c/kg and averaged 124c/kg.
- The Pukallus family, Warrabinda, Roma, sold Charolais heifers to 157c/kg for 557kg to make $877 a head.
- Ninderra Grazing Co, Injune, sold Santa heifers to 148c/kg for 523kg to make $776 a head.
- The Neilson family, Craig Gowan, Surat, sold Hereford-cross heifers to 140c/kg for 451kg to return $632 a head.
- Cows over 500kg peaked at 130c/kg and averaged 115c/kg, while cows in the 400-500kg class topped at 119c/kg and averaged 86c/kg. Cows 300-400kg N/A.
- The Bonisch family, Linga Longa, Injune, sold Brahman-cross cows to 130c/kg for 560kg to return $729 a head.
- The Price family, Mt Hope, Wallumbilla, sold Droughtmaster cows to 126c/kg for 531kg to make $671 a head.
- Torres Park Grazing Co, Augathella, sold Santa cows to 125c/kg for 596kg to make $745 a head.
- Bulls over 600kg topped at 167c/kg and averaged 138c/kg.
- Keddstock, Moongool, Yuleba, sold a Charolais bull for 167c/kg for 1030kg to return $1722 a head.
Roma store sale
A TOTAL yarding of 11,600 head of cattle was penned at the Roma store sale on Tuesday.
- Weaners under 220kg topped at 191c/kg and averaged 161c/kg while weaner steers in the 220-280kg range reached 188c/kg and averaged 158c/kg. Steers in the 280-350kg range reached 192c/kg and averaged 151c/kg, and steers in the 350-400kg range reached 176c/kg and averaged 151c/kg. Feeder steers in the 400-550kg range topped at 163c/kg and averaged 153c/kg.
- The Rolfe family, Marie Downs, Roma, sold Charolais-cross steers to 192c/kg for 320kg to return $616/head. The Pampling family, Derbyshire Downs, Augathella, sold Charbray steers to 184c/kg for 290kg to make $534/head. The Foster family, Windemere, Winton, sold Charolais steers to 180c/kg for 289kg to make $521/head.
- Tullamore Park Pastoral, Canberra, Roma, sold Charbray steers to 177c/kg for 341kg to return $604/head. Cameron Fraser Grazing, Culburnie, Barcaldine, sold Santa steers to 176c/kg for 377kg to return $665/head. The Noon family, Glenalvon, Mitchell, sold Angus-cross steers to 170c/kg for 265kg to make $452/head.
- Alan Tite, Meadowbank, Roma, sold Shorthorn steers to 169c/kg for 333kg to return $563/head. Ted Hoffmann, Oakdale, Wallumbilla, sold Hereford steers to 167c/kg for 363kg to make $607/head. Ridgelands Grazing Co, Injune, sold Charolais steers to 160c/kg for 474kg to return $759/head.
- The Lister family, Trevallen, Roma, sold Angus steers to 160c/kg and averaged 159c/kg for 393kg to make $626/head. The McFadzen family, Farmleigh, Mitchell, sold Droughtmaster steers to 157c/kg for 445kg to return $700/head. They also sold a Droughtmaster-cross heifer for 133c/kg for 380kg to make $506.
- The Spreadborough family, Spoonbill, Julia Creek, sold Brahman steers to 156c/kg and averaged 141c/kg for 273kg to make $385. They also sold Brahman-cross heifers to 118c/kg for 280kg to return $330/head. Mt Rourke Pastoral Co, Dahlia, Winton, sold Droughtmaster steers to 155c/kg for 441kg to make $685/head. Pajingo Pastoral Co, Culloden, Muttaburra, sold Brahman steers to 147c/kg for 359kg to return $528/head. Heifers in the 350-450kg range reached 146c/kg and averaged 127c/kg.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.