A TOTAL of 452 head of cattle was penned at Roma's Prime Sale last Thursday.
The small yarding numbers resulted in no price indicators in some categories of cattle.
- Steers over 550kg N/A. Meanwhile, steers in the 400-550kg sold to 179c/kg and averaged at 166c/kg.
- Adlodge Investments, Raymore Station, Quilpie, sold droughtmaster-cross feeder steers to 178c/kg for 431kg to return $768 a head.
- Heifers over 450kg N/A, while heifers in the 350-450kg category returned 136c/kg and averaged 133c/kg.
- Wondolin Pastoral Co, Wallumbilla, sold hereford-cross heifers to 161c/kg for 485kg to return $781 a head.
- Cows over 500kg peaked at 163c/kg and averaged 153c/kg, while cows in the 400-500kg class topped at 157c/kg and averaged 138c/kg.
- Cows 300-400kg N/A.
- Institutional Investments, Roma Downs, Roma, sold brangus cows to 163c/kg and 161c/kg for 605kg to return $975 a head.
- The Cooke family, Turana, Meandarra, sold Simmental-cross cows to 156c/kg for 600kg to make $938 a head.
- Bassett Cattle Co, Glen Ellen, Morven, sold Brahman cows to 140c/kg for 495kg to return $694 a head.
- Bulls over 600kg N/A.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.