LAST Friday, agents George & Fuhrmann conducted their first annual Bullock and Steer Show and Sale.
- Class one was a pen of 6-8 bullocks over 520kg grain assisted which both first and second place going to WE Bonner of Eukey.
- The pen of santa bullocks that placed first sold for 185.2c/kg, weighing 658kgs to return $1219.
- Class 2 was a pen of 6-8 bullocks over 520kg crop or grass fed which both first & second place went to J & K Fritz of Emu Vale.
- The pen of charolais-cross bullocks that placed first also won the champion pen of bullocks and sold for 183.6c/kg, weighing 620kgs to return $1138.
- Class 3 was a pen of 6-8 supermarket steers between 400 & 520kg.
- First place went to a pen of santa steers on account of Stillwater Pastoral Company, Clifton who kindly donated the prize money back to charity.
- The pen of steers sold for 185.0c/kg, weighing 514kg to return $950.
- Second place went to a pen of charolais-cross steers owned by Gows Produce of Stanthorpe.
- The pen of steers sold for 185.2c/kg, weighing 510kg to return $945. Class 4 was a pen of 6-8 heavy feeder steers between 401 & 500kg.
- First place went to a pen of limousin/droughtmaster steers owned by Sharyn Benn and originally bred by Rosewood Downs at Texas. The pen of steers sold for 190.0c/kg, weighing 475kg to return $901.
- Second went to a pen of angus/hereford steers on account of L & M Dagg, "The Falls" Killarney.
- The pen of black baldy steers sold for 186.2c/kg, weighing 447kg to return $833.
- Class 5 was a pen of 6-8 domestic feeder steers between 300 & 400 kg.
- First place went to Ian Saunders of Tenterfield with a pen of charolais/droughtmaster steers that sold for 193.2c/kg, weighing 383kg to return $740.
- This pen also received the prize for the champion pen of feeder steers. Second went to HM, DM, TM & JA O'Leary of Clifton with a pen of poll hereford steers that sold for 189.2c/kg, weighing 371kg to return $701.
McDougall and Sons
- DL and PA Cassidy sold brahman cows weighing 438kg for 143.2c/kg to make $628.
- Chivas Pastoral, Texas sold 600kg cows for137.2c/kg to return $823.
- BC Bailey, Boggabilla sold angus cows weighing 540kg for 144.2c/kg to make $778.
- RR and PF Benz sold aged bullocks averaging 620kg to a top of 176.2c/kg to make $1092..
- Bannercase P/L, sold grainfed charolais steers weighing 455kg for185.2c/kg for $842 and a line of heavier 560kg for 181.2c/kg for $1015.
- The Bannercase family sold grainfed heifers sold to a top of 209.2c/kg after weighing in at 341kg to make $714.
- Daryl Harm sold grainfed angus heifers to wholesalers for 202c/kg averaging 307kg to make $620.
- BC Bailey sold angus steers to feedlots and restockers 210.2/ 285kg/$600 and 202.2/ 297kg/$600 and 198.2/366kg/ $726.
- The Schoenfisch Family, Swanfels sold feeder steers 204.2/ 300kg/ $611 and 195.2/ 326kg/ $640.
- Lambs: Wayne Bulmer, Talwood trucked in a line of dorper suckers, they made 48kg/ $80; 46kg/ $74.50; 43kg/ $76; 40kg/ $74 and 36kg/ $60.
- Greenup Partnership, Maryland sold dorset suckers 50kg/ $87.50 and 47kg/ $81.
- Omeo Pastoral, Thallon sold light trade 42kg/ $71.00; 40kg/ $69.50 and 37kg/ $54.
- JT & SK McManus, Texas sold suckers 46kg/ $87.50.
- Peter Byrnes, Texas sold crossbred trade 52kg/ $88.50 and 43kg/ $81.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.