Roma prime cattle
A TOTAL of 1668 head of cattle were penned at Roma's Prime Sale last Thursday.
- Steers over 550kg sold to 174c/kg and averaged 154c/kg.
- Steers in the 400-550kg sold to 170c/kg and averaged 161c/kg.
- Torres Park Grazing, Cherry Hills, Injune, sold santa steers to 172c/kg for 622kg to return $1069 a head.
- Heifers over 450kg sold to 163c/kg and averaged 148c/kg.
- Meanwhile heifers in the 350-450kg category returned 158c/kg and averaged 147c/kg.
- Barry Reid, Brekerdam, Roma, sold brangus heifers to 163c/kg for 510kg to return $833 a head.
- Biddenham Pastoral, Augathella, sold droughtmaster-cross heifers to 160c/kg for 514kg to make $822 a head.
- Stirling Ag Co, Stirling, Roma, sold santa heifers to 156c/kg for 512kg to return $800 a head.
- Reynella Grazing Co, Reynella, Charleville, sold charolais-cross heifers to 156c/kg for 447kg to make $698 a head.
- Cows over 500kg peaked at 150c/kg and averaged 133c/kg.
- Meanwhile cows in the 400-500kg class topped at 142c/kg and averaged 124c/kg.
- Cows 300-400kg reached 136c/kg and averaged 109c/kg.
- The Davidson family, Hillandale, Wandoan, sold santa cows to 146c/kg for 604kg to return $883 a head.
- The Statham family, Possession Creek, Mitchell, sold santa cows to 140c/kg for 580kg to make $812 a head.
- Mark Gadsby, Noorooloo, Morven, sold brahman-cross cows to 139c/kg for 512kg to make $710 a head.
- Warren Point Pastoral Co, Coolibah, Mitchell, sold hereford cows for 136c/kg for 730kg to return $994 a head.
- Bulls over 600kg topped at 162c/kg and averaged 145c/kg.
Roma store cattle
A TOTAL yarding of 7830 head of cattle was penned at Roma's Store Sale on Tuesday.
- It was a mixed-quality yarding.
- Weaners under 220kg topped at 204c/kg and averaged 161c/kg, while weaner steers in the 220-280kg range reached 204c/kg and averaged 175c/kg.
- Steers in the 280-350kg range reached 195c/kg and averaged 166c/kg, and steers in the 350-400kg range reached 186c/kg and averaged 167c/kg.
- Feeder steers in the 400-550kg range topped at 172c/kg and averaged 166c/kg.
- Quintana and Co, Rockybank, Roma, sold angus-cross steers to 204c/kg for 270kg to return $552/head. They also sold angus-cross heifers to 168c/kg for 255kg to make $429 a head.
- The Douglas family, Springfield, Mitchell, sold droughtmaster steers to 204c/kg for 258kg to make $527.
- Dalco Pastoral, Sugarloaf, Wallumbilla, sold droughtmaster- cross steers to 195c/kg for 312kg to return $610 a head.
- Winnathoola Pastoral Co, Wallumbilla, sold droughtmaster steers to 192c/kg for 308kg to make $593. They also sold droughtmaster heifers to 163c/kg for 298kg to return $486 a head.
- Heifers in the 350-450kg range reached 163c/kg and averaged 143c/kg.
- Heifers in the 280-350kg range topped at 166c/kg and averaged 144c/kg.
- Heifers in the 220-280kg range topped at 168c/kg and averaged 145c/kg, while heifers under 220kg topped at 162c/kg and averaged 152c/kg.
- Cows over 500kg hit 146c/kg and averaged 133c/kg, while cows 400-500kg topped at 151c/kg and averaged 119c/kg.
- Cows in the 300-400kg sold to 127c/kg and averaged 95c/kg. Cows and calves sold to $750 a unit.
- Bulls up to 400kg reached 174c/kg and average 139c/kg.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.