GOOD lines of store and prime cattle came forward at CQLX last Friday and held firm on the previous week's rates.
Yarded were 1842 head, comprising 589 steers, 223 prime cows, 936 heifers, 40 bulls and 48 cows and calves.
Quality cows and calves had good returns while the store market was a little easier.
Steers to 200kg averaged 157c/kg or $291, while steers 201-300kg averaged 156c/kg or $387. Steers 301-400kg averaged 153c/kg or $521, while steers 401-500kg averaged 158c/kg or $721. Those over 500kg averaged 163c/kg or $938.
Heifers to 200kg averaged 131c/kg or $244, 201-300kg heifers averaged 138c/kg or $351, 301-400kg heifers averaged 135c/kg or $441, and those over 401kg averaged 138c/kg or $593.
Cows and calves averaged $703, with a top of $950. Cows 320-400kg averaged 76c/kg or $263, those 400-450kg averaged 120c/kg or $500 and those over 451kg averaged 137c/kg or $725.
Bulls up to 450kg averaged 130c/kg or $307, while bulls and mickies 451-600kg averaged 128c/kg or $703. Bulls over 601kg reached a top of $1144.
CQLX Sale Highlights
Friday, February 15. Yarding: 1842.
- Big River Brangus, Duaringa sold brangus No.2 steers to top at 178c/kg, weighing 277kg to return $495.
- Blaine Morris, Moura sold droughtmaster cows and calves to top at $950.
- Alchera Pty Ltd, Alchera, Baralaba sold 80 droughtmaster cross prime cows weighing 555kg at 138c/kg, returning $770
- D & M Huff, Yaamba sold good quality grey brahman weaner steers for 170c/kg, weighing 180kg to return $310.
- Cotherstone Station, Dysart sold 170 No.2 brahman, charbray and droughtmaster heifers for 148c/kg, weighing 254kg to return $376.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.