NORTH Burnett agents Monto Cattle and Country yarded 630 head under wet conditions on October 31.
- Falls of 10-40mm over the district were very welcome.
- A quality run of 160 steers and bullocks was presented to processors and sold to solid rates.
- Warren and John Chapman, Thangool, consigned 80 grain- assisted charbray, brangus, droughtie and brahman bullocks to average 184c/kg or $1171. The Chapman draft topped at $1285 or 188c/kg.
- SM Schimke sold charolais bullocks 656kg to 183c/kg or $1205. Bill and Kath Dow, Selene, yarded charolais cross steers for $1190 or 177c/kg.
- Peter Mossman, Ubobo, sold brahman bullocks 650kg to 174c/kg or $1130.
- Heavy bulls sold from 166-185c/kg.
- Paul and Mia Francis, Cania Homestead, sold droughtie brahman cross cows to 147c/kg or $753.
- A single heavy cow 670kg, account Joe Avis, sold to $1050 or 156c/kg. Alan and Rhonda Price's prime brangus cows sold to $775 or 147c/kg.
- Prime Brangus heifers 410kg, account John Dent, sold to 166c/kg or $680. Bev Marbach sold charbray No.1 heifers to 163c/kg or $675.
- LO and AR Morris consigned belmont limo cross weaner steers which sold to 198c/kg or $528. G Murray sold charbray weaner steers to 207c/kg, returning $454.
- Shane and Helen Mossman, Ubobo, sold brahman steers 225-285kg from 175-189c/kg.
- Bev Marbach, Jebrocalee, Yarrol, sold a run of 80 char- bray and brangus No.1 heifers to average $745 or 181c/kg, topping at 187c/kg. Glen and Mandy Ballin, Tudor Springs, Binjour, sold 52 charbray and brahman cross No.1 heifers to top at 171c/kg or $685, averaging 165c/kg or $505.
- Ron and Sheena Ogle, Stornaway, Monto, sold charbray weaner heifers to 177c/kg or $395. CJ, MD and RW Murray Family, Eidsvold, sold charbray weaner heifers to 170c/kg, returning $375.
Monto's next fortnightly sale will be on Wednesday, November 14.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.