QUALITY charbray heifers, which were pregnancy-tested-in-calf sold for a healthy $1130 at the annual George and Furhmann special breeder sale at Warwick saleyards recently.
The sale, held in the Rose City on Saturday, February 23, offered buyers a chance to invest in high calibre breeders from cattle producers from the Southern Downs and beyond.
Some of the highlights from the annual sale included:
- Angus heifers and calves account Bonadea Cattle Company, of Liston, sold for $1120 and was purchased by a breeder at Greenmount.
- DM and MJ Phelan, of Allora, sold a magnificent pen of gold coloured Charbray heifers that were PTIC to an Angus bull for $1130 and were purchased by a breeder at Killarney.
- Narrie Holdings, of Deepwater, sold quality Angus heifers that were PTIC to an Angus bull for $1080 and were purchased by G and A Goodwin, of Killarney.
- Grabond Holdings, of Eukey, sold a pen of Angus cows and calves for $1250 and were purchased by Stocktonvale Pastoral Company of Allora.
- Brangus cows and calves from Wylie Creek that were four and five years old sold for $1110 and were purchased by Allambee Grazing, of Stanthorpe.
- BJ and MR Frame, Killarney, sold an Angus bull for $2900 which was purchased by a breeder at Goondiwindi.
Buyers for the sale travelled from Kingaroy, Dalby, Crows Nest, Murwillumbah, Tenterfield, Killarney, Liston, Texas, Stanthorpe and the local Warwick area.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.