A TOTAL of 685 head of cattle were penned at Roma's Prime Sale last Thursday.
- Steers over 550kg topped at 183c/kg and averaged 169c/kg, while steers in the 400-550kg range sold to 173c/kg and averaged 152c/kg.
- The Brown family, Ardentrive, Roma, sold angus-cross steers to 183c/kg for 555kg to return $1016 a head.
- They also sold angus-cross heifers to 169c/kg for 548kg to make $928 a head.
- Barry Duff, Koala, Roma, sold brahman-cross steers to 181c/kg for 640kg to return $1155 a head.
- Heifers over 450kg hit 169c/kg and averaged 148c/kg, while heifers in the 350-450kg category returned 174c/kg and averaged 155c/kg.
- The Mobbs family, Wallambank, Bollon, sold simmental-cross heifers to 174c/kg and averaged 165c for 436kg to return $720 a head.
- Reichstein and Butterick, Jillambie, St George, sold santa-cross heifers to 168c/kg for 460kg to make $773 a head.
- Cows over 500kg peaked at 160c/kg and averaged 142c/kg, while cows in the 400-500kg class topped at 155c/kg and averaged 119c/kg.
- Cows 300-400kg N/A.
- Sutton Beef, Sunnybank, Surat, sold santa cows to 160c/kg for 621kg to make $995 a head.
- The Rowbotham family, Pasadena, Wallumbilla, sold a charbray cow to 157c/kg for 740kg to return $1163 a head.
- The Cameron family, Waikola, Wallumbilla, sold santa-cross cows to 152c/kg for 670kg to make $1019 a head.
- The Rolfe family, Nindinna, Roma, sold santa-cross cows to 148c/kg for 560kg to return $829 a head.
- The James family, Terragram, Wandoan, sold santa-cross cows to 144c/kg for 565kg to make $814 a head.
- Bulls over 600kg made to 163c/kg and averaged 148c/kg.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.