A FEW more numbers came forward this week for competition.
- Agents yarded 369 head.
- Overall, the market remained firm from previous sales with the exception of some sales of weaner cattle.
- Export heifers sold to stronger competition.
- Cows and bullocks remained firm.
- Younger cattle attracted a little more competition.
- There was stronger support from local restockers.
- A full panel of usual buyers was in attendance.
- The highlight of the day was a charolais/limo steer sold on account of Malcolm Smith, of Kingaroy, weighing 265kg, selling for 580c/kg, to return $1537 a head.
- This steer met strong competition from many led steer competitors.
- Heavy droughmaster heifers from Taroom sold for a top of 160c/kg to return $919 a head.
- Charolais cows from Gowrie Junction sold for 135c/kg or $762 a head.
- Aged angus cows and calves from Cooyar sold for $770 a unit.
- Angus weaner steers from Wandoan sold for 200.2c/kg for $562, with angus weaner heifers selling for 184.2c/kg or $528 a head.
- Heavy angus cross steers from Bergen 588kg sold for 165c/kg.
- Droughtmaster cross heifers from Maidenwell grain assisted sold for 159.2c/kg or $628 a head.
- Shorthorn cows from Flagstone Creek sold for 131.6c/kg or $796 a head.
- Murray grey vealer steers from Oakey 302kg sold for 179.2c/kg.
- Angus steers 299kg from Yarraman sold for 185.2c/kg or $553 also selling heifers 251kg or 178c/kg.
- Limo steers from Pittsworth sold 370kg for 206.2c/kg for $762 and heifers for 199.2c/kg or $808 a head.
- Angus cross steers a/c D George from Haden sold for 197.6c/kg or $520 a head.
- Lethbridge cows from Highfields sold for 134.6c/kg for $837 a head.
- Blonde d'Aquitaine steers from Yarraman sold for a top of 229.6c/kg 217kg or $499 a head.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.