Menu
News

Murder case of Coast chef Peter Milos in court

Peter Milos and the scene of his alleged murder.
Peter Milos and the scene of his alleged murder.

THE man who is accused of murdering former Sunshine Coast chef Peter Milos has had his matter briefly heard in court for the second time since his arrest.

James Thomas Howell, 35, was not present during a brief court mention on Monday in the Brisbane Magistrates Court.

Homicide detectives arrested Mr Howell, a New Zealand national, last month at his home in the Brisbane suburb of Morningside.

Detective Acting Superintendent Damien Hansen said at the time police had identified Mr Howell from CCTV footage near Mr Milos' house.

He said he was a person of interest from an early stage in the investigation.

It is understood evidence, which included forensic testing and CCTV, helped police mount their case to lay the murder charge.

A female friend found Mr Milos' badly beaten body on May 6 in the garage of a house in Key Street, Morningside.

It is understood Mr Milos, who is was the former co-owner of popular Toowong restaurant Mariosarti, could have been dead in the house for up to two days before he was discovered.

The case will be mentioned again in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on December 8

Topics:  court murder peter milos