BURNETT Livestock and Realty's fortnightly sale (and last for 2013) was held on Monday, December 16 with a yarding of 906 head consisting mostly of stores.
With the market slowing heading into the Christmas break, the market held firm for heavier steers over 300kg, while the balance of the yarding averaged cheaper.
- Steers 400-500kg topped at 189.2c and averaged firm to slightly dearer for the right weight steers with 0 to 2 teeth, while lesser quality and steers with four or more teeth brought the overall average back.
- Steers 300-400kg also topped at 189.2c and averaged two cents cheaper overall. Steers under 300kg and weaner steers were of very mixed quality, topping at 180.2c and averaging 12c cheaper.
- Heifers 300-400kg were of very mixed quality, topping at 150c and averaged 29c cheaper than the previous sale, where a very good quality line of heifers was yarded.
- Heifers under 300kg and weaner heifers were not the quality of the last sale, averaging 15c cheaper.
- Three brangus bulls were sold at open auction for $1000-$1700.
- Twenty-nine cows and calves were yarded and sold for $330-$610.
- Cattle were drawn from Theodore, Nagoorin, Monto, Eidsvold, Mundubbera, Mt Perry, Gayndah, Miva, Yerra, Tinana, Childers, Bundaberg, South Kolan, Bucca, Yandaran, Gin Gin, Booyal and all local areas.
- The Preston family, Langley Flats sold simmental and brahman-cross milk and two tooth steers for 188.2c-189.2c or $811-$851.
- KG & MA Jensen, Gin Gin sold charbray milk and two tooth steers for 186.2c or $714. Loridon Pty Ltd, Tinana sold droughtmaster two tooth steers for 184.2c or $709. Bramousin milk tooth steers, on account of Straits Pastoral, Biggenden sold for 189.2c or $710.
- Braford milk and two tooth steers on account of RJ & MM Lloyd, Bundaberg sold for 188.2c or $681.
- AG Farrell, Coalstoun Lakes sold charbray No 2 steers to top at 184.2c or $697, while charbray No 3 steers, on account of AG Farrell, topped at 163.2c or $435.
- CL & BJ Jensen, Wallaville sold droughtmaster-cross milk and two tooth steers to top at 186.2c or $782.
- The Brown family, Didcot sold light condition No 3 simmental-cross steers to top at 164.2c or $440.
- J McCotter, Mt Perry sold santa-droughtmaster-cross No 3 steers for 176.2c or $442 to $530.
- P & MA Whitehouse, Gayndah sold No 3 red brangus-cross steers to top at 180.2c or $448.
- Joy Foley, Gin Gin sold two tooth simmental-cross heifers for 150.2c or $736. Currajong Hills, Dallarnil sold brahman-cross milk tooth heifers to top at 150c or $450.
- KM Webb, Eidsvold sold charbray-cross heifers milk tooth to top at 150c or $480.
- GS & HM Young, Eidsvold sold No 3 charbray heifers for 151.2c-155.2c or $324-$399. JW Dolding, Gayndah sold No 3 heifers to top at 150c or $480.
- CA Dingle sold crossbred weaner heifers for 141.2c or $281.
Burnett Livestock & Realty wishes readers a safe and peaceful Christmas, with as much rain as you need.
May 2014 be prosperous and rewarding for all of us.
► The first sale for 2014 is scheduled for January 9.