BURNETT Livestock and Realty's meatworks and store sale held on Monday, November 4, saw a yarding of 1215 head.
Overall the yarding of cattle was of mostly better quality and again meatworks cattle improved and the better feeder cattle were also dearer.
- Trade heifers also improved topping at 169.2c to average nine cents dearer.
- Heavy bulls topped at the same price as last sale and averaged 18 cents dearer.
- Feeder steers 400kg to 500kg are short in supply and averaged 13 cents dearer.
- A better quality line of steers 300kg to 400kg were yarded topping at 166.2c to average six cents dearer. 200 steers 200kg to 300kg were yarded, topping at 189.2c and averaged 13 cents dearer, while steers under 200kg sold to a firm market.
- Feeder heifers 300kg to 400kg were also in short supply with only one pen in this weight range resembling a line, averaging seven cents cheaper.
- Heifers 200kg to 300kg topped at 150.2c and averaged five cents cheaper.
- Heifers under 200kg topped at 146.2c and averaged six cents dearer.
- Eight cows and calves were yarded in five lots and sold from $180 to $510.
- Cattle were drawn from Calliope, Dululu, Monto, Eidsvold, Mundubbera, Binjour, Mt Perry, Gayndah, Thinoomba, Tinana, Burrum Heads, Childers, Cordalba, Goodwood, Bundaberg, Moorlands, South Kolan, Bucca, Lowmead, Miriam Vale, Takilberan, Gin Gin, Booyal and all local areas.
- Brangus four and six tooth bullocks on account of Ingrid Bass, Bundaberg, topped at 187.2c or $1090.
- LF Warmington, Gin Gin, sold a line of droughtmaster cross No 0 bullocks to sell from 186.2c to 189.2c or $1058 to $1145. G Van de Straat, Childers, sold six tooth Brangus bullocks to top at 187.2c or $1030. Kelvin (Doo Daa) Shield, Gin Gin, sold milk and two tooth limousin cross bullocks to sell for 200.2c or $1094. Koonoori Pastoral, Brooweena, sold brahman bulls to average 161.9c or $1387. Damien Wakelin, Gin Gin, sold droughtmaster bulls from 162.2c to 166.2c or $1200 to $1546. Brahman cross cows on account of TV and LB Haupt, Eidsvold, sold for 147.2c or $753. Droughtmaster cows on account of S and R Russo and Sons, Childers, sold for 151.2c or $898. Charbray cows from Gin Gin topped at 155.2c or $865, while two to six tooth Charbray heifers from Gin Gin topped at 169.2c or $842.
- Staib Family Trust, Brooweena, sold charolais cross cows for 154.2c or $941. GL Dingle, Mt Perry, sold Brangus cows to top at 158.2c or $949.
- Brahman cows on account of Ross Dunn, Takilberan, topped at 153.2c or $768, R Dunn also brahman cross four and six tooth trade heifers to top at 169.2c or $770.
- Charbray cross milk and two tooth steers on account of GJ and DM Everett, Childers, sold from 163.2c to 166.2c or $635 to $771.
- G Van de Straat, Childers, sold Brangus cross milk and two tooth steers for 161.2c or $643.
- Droughtmaster cross milk and two tooth steers on account of DR and MF Dilger, Childers, sold for a top of 162.2c or $606.
- Brangus cross mostly milk tooth steers on account of MR and KL Brown, Dululu topped at 162.2c or $559. S Holder, Biggenden, sold No 3 charbray cross steers topping at 166.2c or $607.
- A line of charbray cross EU accredited steers on account of TV and LB Haupt, Eidsvold, topped at 175.2c or $406 to averaged 169.1c or $376.
- ED Jensen, Wallaville sold brangus murray grey cross weaner steers from 162.2c to 169.2c or $345 to $425.
- DEEDI Brian Pastures sold a line of droughtmaster Charbray cross No 3 light conditioned steers from 179.2c to 189.2c to average 186.7c or $380. ARN Horwood family Trust, Gin Gin, sold two pens of Limousin cross weaner steers to average 165.2c or $351.
- RB and EG Thomas, Monto, sold droughtmaster cross No 2 heifers for 155.2c or $496. M and D Ford, Moorlands, sold droughtmaster cross milk and two tooth heifers for 149.2c or $507. TV and LB Haupt, Eidsvold, also sold a line of charbray cross weaner heifers to top at 146.2c or $338 to average 136.2c or $296.
- Gavin Hams, Mundubbera, sold droughtmaster cross weaner heifers for 150.2c or $347.
- ARN Horwood Family Trust, Gin Gin, sold limousin angus cross heifers to top at 141.2c or $297. Carinya Beef, Teebar, sold droughtmaster weaner heifers for 145.2c or $392.
- D and J Bargenquast, Aramara, sold charbray cross weaner heifers for 142.2c or $322.
The next meatworks and store sale will be on Monday, November 18.