A TOTAL of 3000 head of cattle was penned at the Roma Store Sale on Tuesday.
Fewer cattle were penned than usual due to rain restricting cattle movements across much of the western supply area.
Prices improved across most classes of cattle.
- Feeder steers in the 400-550kg range topped at 195c/kg and averaged 179c/kg, while steers in the 350-400kg range reached 194c/kg and averaged 175c/kg and steers in the 280-350kg range reached 216c/kg and averaged 179c/kg.
- Weaner steers in the 220-280kg range reached 216c/kg and averaged 195c/kg, while weaners under 220kg topped at 218c/kg and averaged 205c/kg.
- Peel Northampton Downs, Blackall, sold santa steers to 216c/kg for 330kg to make $715 a head.
- Tara Hills Pastoral, Yalli, Wyandra, sold santa-cross steers to 216c/kg for 244kg to return $527 a head.
- James Stirton, Armoobilla, Cheepie, sold droughtmaster-cross steers to 212c/kg and averaged 205c/kg for 204c/kg for 215kg to make $440 a head.
- The Ahern family, Yallara, Charleville, sold charbray steers to 210c/kg for 292kg to return $614.
- Rolf Park North, Orinya, Quilpie, sold braford steers to 210c/kg for 242kg to return $508.
- They also sold braford-cross heifers to 195c/kg for 189c/kg to make $368 a head.
- The Christmas family, Booroomba, Bollon, sold charbray-cross steers to 206c/kg and averaged 198c/kg for 300kg to make $596 a head.
- The Hall family, Allawah, Lighting Ridge, sold santa steers to 195c/kg for 427kg to make $834 a head.
- The McGuigan family, Nerieda, Glenmorgan, sold charolais-cross steers to 192c/kg for 467kg to return $898 a head.
- The Maunder family, Narraweena, Wallumbilla, sold hereford steers to 182c/kg for 466kg to make $850 a head.
- Heifers in the 350-450kg range reached 165c/kg and averaged 151c/kg.
- Heifers in the 280-350kg range topped at 194c/kg and averaged 155c/kg.
- Heifers in the 220-280kg range topped at 194c/kg and averaged 152c/kg, while heifers under 220kg topped at 207c/kg and averaged 190c/kg.
- The Entriken family, Sesbania, Winton, sold droughtmaster heifers to 207c for 218kg to return $452 a head.
- The Rowbotham family, Nicks Paddock, Roma, sold charolais-cross heifers to 170c for 331kg to return $562 a head.
- Cows over 500kg hit 153c/kg and averaged 146c/kg, while cows 400-500kg topped at 149c/kg and averaged 130c/kg.
- Cows in the 300-400kg range made 137c/kg and averaged 103c/kg.
- Bulls up to 400kg reached 186c/kg and average 144c/kg.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.