AT this week's Warwick Cattle Sale, the combined Livestock Selling Agents yarded 1201 head.
A good line up of cows and bullocks sold to a slightly dearer trend whilst well finished trade yearlings lost ground due to a combination of extra numbers and dry weather.
- Milk tooth Limousin bullocks that were grain assisted from Clifton topped the market at 190.6c/kg, weighing 551kgs to return $1050.
- Kiara Downs Pty Ltd of Tenterfield sold a quality draft of milk tooth Charolais cross bullocks off oats, with the top pen selling for 189.2c/kg, weighing 575kgs to return $1088.
- SS and MC Fletcher of Woodenbong sold young Hereford bullocks off oats for 184.6c/kg, weighing 550kgs to return $1015.
- PV and GM Byrnes of Texas sold 4 & 6 tooth crossbred bullocks off oats for 183.2c/kg, weighing 564kgs to return $1033.
- PJ and GH Morrish of Goomburra sold 6 tooth Angus bullocks for 179.6c/kg, weighing 605kgs to return $1086.
- MJ Baines of Felton topped the market with a Limousin cow that made 164.6c/kg, weighing 865kgs to return $1424.
- Rod and Glenda Reeves "Wyuna" Liston sold a draft of Angus cows that sold for 155.6c/kg, weighing 649kgs to return $1009.
- J and D McMeniman of Tenterfield sold a pen of Angus cows for 157.2c/kg, weighing 586kgs to return $922.
- TJ, DM, CJ and JA Wren of Severnlea sold Santa/Angus cows for 157.2c/kg, weighing 665kgs to return $1045.
- B and C Williamson of Ballandean sold Charolais cows for 156.6c/kg, weighing 705kgs to return $1104.
- BR and ME Hardacre of Killarney sold a Santa/Limousin heifer that sold for 184.2c/kg, weighing 760kgs to return $1400.
- The Hardacre Family also sold grain fed Charolais cross yearling steers for 192.2c/kg, weighing 505kgs to return $971.
- SJ and JR Gill of Pilton sold quality Angus feeder steers for 200.2c/kg, weighing 327kgs to return $654.
- Angus yearling heifers from Clifton sold for 210.2c/kg, weighing 340kgs to return $714.
- A Limousin bull account John Brandon, Boomerang Park, from Yangan topped the sale averaging 940kg and selling for 178.2c/kg to return $1675.08.
- Feeder Charolais steers account F Whitbread and Co weighed in at 320.8kg and sold for 196.6c/kg to return $630.76.
- Santa yearling heifers from account Billabong Farms at Goomburra averaged 406.4kg and sold for 178.2c/kg to return $730.93.
- Angus feeder steers account PJ and JM Fogarty from Clifton weighed in at 185kg and sold for 185c/kg to return $793.65.
- Santa vealer heifers account Rangeview Pastoral Company from Blue Hills at Wildash averaged 229.3kg and sold for 204.2c/kg to make $468.20.
- Charolais cross cows account J and H Ross from Killarney weighed in at 495kg and sold for 145.2c/kg to make $718.72.
- Dorper suckers account R and R Hilton from Clovervale, Texas, weighed in at 45kg and topped the market selling for $100.
- Crossbred lambs offered by account NH and BA Shatte of Dalveen averaged 49.3kg and sold for $85.
- Crossbred lambs FJ Yeo from Waratah at Yelarbon weighed in at 61.7kg selling for $102.
- Dorper cross sucker lambs account Oakey State School averaged 42.5kg and sold for $86.
- Dorper cross sucker lambs offered by John Murphy from Dalby tipped the scales at 38kg and made $78.50.
- Dorset sucker lambs account PR and WE Mouritz from Millmerran weighed 43kg and sold for $98.
- Crossbred lambs account F Whitbread and Co from Dalveen averaged 54.8kg and sold for $88.
- Crossbred woolly lambs offered by BJ, M, PJ and KE Hiscock from Montrose, Stanthorpe averaged 46.7kg and made $80.
- Dorper cross sucker lambs offered by account Ben and Margot Cory, Vermont, and averaged 45.8kg and sold for $87.
McDougall & Sons
- Boundary Farm, Clifton topped the bullock market with LimoX strs making 190.6/ 551kg/ $1050.00.
- Dennis Middleton sold BrangusX strs 186.2/ 473kg/ $880.00 and 184.6/ 500kg/ $923.00.
- Bob and Katrina Hemmings, Tannymorel sold AngusX strs 180.2/ 451kg/ $814.00.
- SA Hoffman, Emu Vale sold LimoX hfrs off crop to a top of 191.2/ 360kg/ $688.00.
- K & T Hobbs, Inglewood sold GF ylgs topping at 188.0/ 355kg/ $667.00.
- Dorothy Christensen, Goomburra sold Santa vlrs off cows at 204.0/ 265kg/ $540.00.
- N & B Mapes sold strs to feed lots 196.2/ 304kg/ $597.00.
- Bill Keen, Inglewood trucked in Santa cows, they made 146.2/ 421kg/ $616.00 and a Brahman bull 169.2/ 790kg/ $1336.00.
- Daryl Harm sold a hvy Chara cow 156.2/ 765kg/ $1195.00.
- GB & DG Eastwell sold cull Friesan cows 133.2/ 738kg/ $983.00.
- Mitchell Muller, Tanymorel sold DorperX suckers 45kg/ $91.00.
- Greenup Partnership sold Dorset suckers 44kg/ $89.00 and 41kg/ $85.00.
- Tom Cooper sold DorsetX suckers 46kg/ $89.00 and 45kg/ $91.00.
- Stanthorpe High School sold light trade 38kg/ $70.00 and 34kg/ $72.00.
- JG & EG Landers, Tenterfield consingned good framed stores weighing 42kg/ $48.00.
- A line of DorperX hoggets from Goondiwindi sold in pen lots at 52kg/ $50.00; 50kg/ $50.00; 49kg/ $48.00.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.