Farrell McCrohon Pty Ltd
THERE were 507 head of cattle yarded at Grafton on Tuesday for the last fat sale of 2012. Bullocks and cows eased slightly. In the trade section, vealers to processors sold firm on last week. Restocker calves also followed this trend.
Everyone here at Farrell McCrohon would like to wish all these people a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Don't forget the first fat sale in 2013 is January 8.
Prices per kilo: Export bullocks 155 167; heifers 142 167; cows prime135 142, medium 120 137; boner 105 130; bulls prime 140 158.
Trade: Light steers 202 217; light heifers 172 178; yearlings 171 196; vealers under 190kg 204 208; vealers over 190kg 203 207; bobby calves 210 248.
- Est KJ, J & D Smith bullocks sold to 165c/kg, weighed 495kg and returned $813/hd.
- Mona Ibbott bullocks sold to 168c/kg, weighed 520kg and returned $869/hd.
- Sutherland Bros steers sold to 177c/kg, weighed 440kg and returned $775/hd.
- JR & BA Carlton heifers sold to 167c/kg, weighed 470kg and returned $781/hd.
- Horne Family heifers sold to 153c/kg, weighed 540kg and returned $822/hd.
- Adam Chapman cows sold to 135c/kg, weighed 489kg and returned $656/hd.
- AD & ML Scott vealers sold to 208c/kg, weighed 200kg and returned $414/hd.
- JD & AM Want vealers sold to 206c/kg, weighed 248kg and returned $508/hd.
- FJ Connor vealers sold to 208c/kg, weighed 253kg and returned $523/hd.
- John Sheraton vealers sold to 208c/kg, weighed 195kg and returned $404/hd.
- MRB & SE Hughes vealers sold to 208c/kg, weighed 223kg and returned $461/hd.
- M McKeown vealers sold to 207c/kg, weighed 255kg and returned $526/hd.
- BP & AD Farrell vealers sold to 209c/kg, weighed 204kg and returned $425/hd.
- Maybrook vealers sold to 208c/kg, weighed 190kg and returned $394/hd.
- G Jeske vealers sold to 207c/kg, weighed 240kg and returned $495/hd.
- Mogul Brahman Stud sold bulls 158.2c/kg averaged 720kg and returned $1139.04.
- Leo J Carlton sold bullocks 166.2c/kg averaged 680kg and returned $1130.16.
- MJ & RS Fallon sold bullocks 158.2c/kg averaged 620kg and returned $980.84.
- Jan C Thomson sold bullocks 163.2c/kg averaged 610kg and returned $995.52.
- Mogul Brahman Stud sold cows 140.2c/kg averaged 525kg and returned $736.05.
- NJ Bardsley sold cows 128.2c/kg averaged 485kg and returned $621.77.
- A & Y Cramp sold cows 123.2c/kg averaged 430kg and returned $529.76.
- Ramornie Station sold cows 124.2c/kg averaged 385kg and returned $478.17.
- NJ Bardsley sold veal 207.4c/kg averaged 202kg and returned $419.99.
- BW & RA Brown sold veal 201.2c/kg averaged 220kg and returned $442.64.
- RA Brown sold veal 220.2c/kg averaged 122kg and returned $268.64.
- MJ & RS Fallon sold veal 205.2c/kg averaged 250kg and returned $513.
- Mark Goldstein sold veal 207.2c/kg averaged 220kg and returned $455.84.
- Ramornie Station sold veal 199.2c/kg averaged 250kg and returned $498.
- Mogul Brahman Stud sold veal 205.2c/kg averaged 150 kg and returned $307.80.
- David Newton sold veal 204.2c/kg averaged 235kg and returned $479.87.
Ray DonovanStock & Station Agents
THERE were 518 head of cattle yarded at Grafton on Tuesday.
The last fat cattle sale for 2012 finished the year on par with previous weeks with most processors showing little interest as they try to clear works before the Christmas break. Remarkably, most cattle remained firm on last week's prices. The better butcher calves sold 5c/kg dearer. Restocker types met with little demand, especially on the plainer types.
Tuesday, January 8, will be the first fat sale for 2013. Wishing everyone a safe and happy festive season.
- Farmer Pastoral sold a pen of angus cross bullocks 167c/kg averaged 650kg and returned $1080.
- Aberfeldy P/Ship sold a hereford steer 167c/kg weighed 515kg and returned $855.
- DG & LM Hoschke sold an angus bullock 161c/kg weighed 640kg and returned $1025.
- Pat Beel sold a pen of angus steers 176c/kg averaged 487kg and returned $854.
- GO Matten sold a pen of hereford steers 164c/kg averaged 486kg and returned $794.
- Pat Beel sold a pen of charolais heifers 172c/kg averaged 473kg and returned $809.
- D & B Scott sold a brahman cross cow 141c/kg weighed 615kg and returned $862.
- Nattai Investments sold a pen of brahman cross cows 140c/kg averaged 543kg and returned $756.
- Farmer Pastoral sold a pen of brangus and brahman cross cows 141c/kg averaged 470kg and returned $658.
- Matthew See sold a charbray cow 142c/kg weighed 530kg and returned $748.
- Fred Morgan Family Trust sold an angus bull 157c/kg weighed 925kg and returned $1444.
- Gordonbrook sold an angus bull 159c/kg weighed 780kg and returned $1233.
- Pat Beel sold a charolais heifer 198c/kg weighed 335kg and returned $660.
- Matthew See sold a brahman cross steer 194c/kg weighed 260kg and returned $502.
- LJ & VM Jefferies sold a pen of charolais cross restocker steers 199c/kg averaged 270kg and returned $536.
- RJ Farmer sold a pen of brahman vealer heifers 208c/kg averaged 235kg and returned $486.
- GO & M Brown sold a santa cross vealer 237c/kg weighed 140kg and returned $330.
- RJ & AG Oxenbridge sold a pen of santa cross vealer steers 185c/kgaveraged 290kg and returned $534.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.