THERE were 535 head of cattle yarded at Grafton on Tuesday. The market for bullocks and cows eased by 3-5c/kg, to see the best bullocks sell to172c/kg, and the best cows to 142c/kg. In the trade section, vealers to processors sold stronger by 5c/kg to top at 211c/kg. Restocker calves sold dearer by 10c/kg.
Reminder: Next week is the last fat sale. Last store sale of the year held December 13.
Prices per kilo:
Export bullocks 159 172; heifers 137 181; cows prime 132 142, medium 120 140; boner 102 116; bulls prime 150 158.
Trade: Light steers 210 236; light heifers 168 204; yearlings 159 190; vealers under 190kg 206 211; vealers over 190kg 205 211; bobby calves 210 228.
- Flo Clark bullocks sold to 160c/kg, weighed 595kg and returned $947/kg.
- HJ & NF Ensbey & Sons bullocks sold to 170c/kg, weighed 765kg and returned $1264/hd.
- G & C McGuren bullocks sold to 159c/kg, weighed 460kg and returned $728/hd.
- AG & ME Dougherty heifers sold to 155c/kg, weighed 448kg and returned $690/hd.
- MH Pocock heifers sold to 144c/kg, weighed 430kg and returned $616/hd.
- WW Woods cows sold to 139c/kg, weighed 515kg and returned $712/hd.
- D & K Short angus yearlings sold to 188c/kg, weighed 330kg and returned $614/hd.
- J McGregor angus steers sold to 190c/kg, weighed 304kg and returned $575/hd.
- M Glaser angus steers sold to 220c/kg, and returned $385/hd to restockers.
- SL Hunter vealers sold to 210c/kg, weighed 245kg and returned $513/hd.
- IN & EE Heldt vealers sold to 210c/kg, weighed 233kg and returned $486/hd.
- WA & DF Reardon vealers sold to 208c/kg, weighed 255kg and returned $528/hd.
- PD & DL Moran vealers sold to 210c/kg, weighed 220kg and returned $460/hd.
- Roy Aspinall angus cross steers sold to 226c/kg, and returned $348/hd to restockers.
- JD O'Keefe angus steers sold to 212c/kg, and returned $433/hd to restockers.
- Doboy Station sold cows 139.2c/kg averaged 505kg and returned $702.96.
- BVG Taylor sold cows 141.2c/kg averaged 555kg and returned $783.66.
- Tracey Lawson sold cows 120.0c/kg averaged 525kg and returned $630.
- Pine Creek Hatchery sold bulls 120.2c/kg averaged 615kg and returned $739.23.
- BT & LA Duck sold veal 209.2c/kg averaged 235kg and returned $491.62.
- Doug Whitehead sold veal 210.2c/kg averaged 202kg and returned $425.66.
- Doboy Station sold veal 205.0c/kg averaged 195kg and returned $399.75.
- BVG Taylor sold veal 207.2c/kg averaged 140kg and returned $290.08.
THERE were 535 head of cattle yarded at Grafton on Tuesday.
A mixed quality yarding this week, with a lot of plainer store cattle on offer. Best of the bullocks and cows sold on a par to 5c/kg easier with boner types also up to 5c/kg easier on last week's rates. Veal to processors held on to last week's rates with store demand a shade stronger on the British and Euro calves. Bobbies were back 20-30c/kg.
Please note next Tuesday, December 11, is the last fat sale for 2012 and Thursday, December 13, is the last store sale.
- KJ & JN Ellem sold a brangus cross bullock 165c/kg weighed 760kg and returned $1247.
- B Cox sold a pen of angus bullocks 166c/kg averaged 637kg and returned $1053, also sold an angus steer 175c/kg weighed 580kg and returned $1010.
- JB & KT Moran sold a pen of brangus restocker heifers 151c/kg averaged 403kg and returned $606.
- JS & ML Gorrie sold a brahman cross cow 140c/kg weighed 530kg and returned $737.
- Fred Morgan Family Trust sold a brangus cow 140c/kg weighed 575kg and returned $800.
- CO Austen & Sons sold a pen of charolais and santa cows 138c/kg averaged 535kg and returned $734.
- BA & TA Winter sold a pen of brahman cows 137c/kg averaged 507kg and returned $691.
- JA & KA Clancy sold a brahman cross cow 137c/kg weighed 520kg and returned $708.
- Fred Morgan Family Trust sold a brahman bull 155c/kg weighed 825kg and returned $1272.
- Ken Grimmond sold a Limo steer 174c/kg weighed 320kg and returned $554.
- RC & VJ Bursle sold a pen of angus vealer heifers 209c/kg averaged 205kg and returned $426.
- GE & CM Hollingworth sold a murray grey vealer heifer 206c/kg weighed 255kg and returned $523.
- RJ & SA Rose sold a brahman cross vealer steer 210c/kg weighed 225kg and returned $470, also sold a pen of charolais cross vealer heifers 211c/kg averaged 210kg and returned $441.
- HL Niland sold an angus vealer 209c/kg weighed 215kg and returned $447.
- AH Jabour sold a pen of charolais cross restocker steers 229c/kg averaged 145kg and returned $330.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.