Farrell McCrohon Pty Ltd
THERE were 497 head of cattle yarded at Grafton on Tuesday. The market for bullocks eased just slightly to top at 171c/kg. Cows sold firm on last week. In the trade section, vealers to processors were a lot firmer to top at 207c/kg for the best prime calves. Re- stocker calves followed this trend.
- Prices per kilo: Export bullocks 160 171; heifers 142 159; cows prime135 154, medium 125 142; boner 106 132; bulls prime 150 163.
- Trade: Light steers 206 224; light heifers 170 201; yearlings 171 196; vealers under 190kg 203 207; vealers over 190kg 202 207; bobby calves 232 272.
- Vorna Cooper bullocks sold to 168c/kg, weighed 695kg and returned $1162/hd.
- LE & JD Roberts bullocks sold to 166c/kg, weighed 570kg and returned $1066/hd.
- JC Ottoway & Sons bullocks sold to 171c/kg, weighed 640kg and returned $1089/hd.
- Kroehnert Family P'Ship bullocks sold to 165c/kg, weighed 545kg and returned $895/hd.
- HD & PD Moran cows sold to 146c/kg, weighed 485kg and returned $704/hd.
- Cartmill Bros cows sold to 144c/kg, weighed 523kg and returned $748/hd.
- TJ & LG Keough vealers sold to 207c/kg, weighed 250kg and returned $516/hd.
- JW & OPD Golding vealers sold to 205c/kg, weighed 220kg and returned $450/hd.
- Wingfield & Gillett vealers sold to 200c/kg, weighed 225kg and returned $450/hd.
- FB & AD Hunter vealers sold to 202c/kg, weighed 195kg and returned $390/hd.
- P & MJ Whitton vealers sold to 205c/kg, weighed 228kg and returned $465/hd.
- CJ McGrath vealers sold to 204c/kg, weighed 238kg and returned $483/hd.
- AR & LM Watkins vealers sold to 200c/kg, weighed 205kg and returned $408/hd.
- GJ & DL Lee vealers sold to 208c/kg, weighed 143kg and returned $295/hd.
- JW & OPD Golding Angus steers made 214c/kg, and returned $371/hd to restockers.
- W & S Lee sold bullocks 166.2c/kg averaged 707kg and returned $1175.87.
- J & FL Buchanan sold cows 150.2c/kg averaged 580kg and returned $871.16.
- K & D Child sold cows 153.2c/kg averaged 540kg and returned $827.28.
- Doboy Station sold cows 139.2c/kg averaged 455kg and returned $633.36.
- Smiths Creek Yearling Beef sold cows 128.2c/kg averaged 410kg and returned $525.62.
- Stan Kozik sold cows 143.2c/kg averaged 500kg and returned $716.
- Allan J Moran sold cows 130.2c/kg averaged 510kg and returned $664.02.
- CG Moran sold cows 126.2c/kg averaged 410kg and returned $517.42.
- BVG Taylor sold cows 144.2c/kg averaged 542kg and returned $782.29.
- J & FL Buchanan sold veal 183.2c/kg averaged 275kg and returned $503.80.
- Doboy Station sold veal 183.2c/kg averaged 195kg and returned $357.24.
- PJ, AM & MK Moran sold veal 200.2c/kg averaged 165kg and returned $330.33.
- BVG Taylor sold veal 201.2c/kg averaged 228kg and returned $459.41.
Ray DonovanStock & Station Agents
THERE were 496 head of cattle yarded at Grafton on Tuesday.
A good yarding of export cattle this week, with most sales struggling to hold last week's rates. Bullocks and heavy steers sold firm to 5c/kg easier. Best of the cows all but firm, with medium and light weights four to 6c/kg easier. Heavy bulls were well supplied and sold firm to 5c/kg dearer. Not a lot of good butcher yearlings on offer - all selling on par with recent sales. Veal to processors met with stronger competition, selling to 3c/kg dearer. Restockers a little more active on the right calves.
- Phillip Bailey sold a pen of Angus cross bullocks 169c/kg averaged 597kg and returned $1005.
- Keybarbin Pty Ltd sold a pen of Brahman cross bullocks 169c/kg averaged 628kg and returned $1056.
- SJ Hyatt sold a Brangus steer 172c/kg weighed 395kg and returned $676.
- E & IM Bennett sold a Santa cross heifer 150c/kg weighed 465kg and returned $697.
- MV & EA Fahey sold a pen of Brahman cows 143c/kg averaged 471kg and returned $670.
- JW & DJ Freeman sold a pen of Hereford bulls 164c/kg averaged 795kg and returned $1297.
- MV & EA Fahey sold a pen of Brahman and Charbray bulls 161c/kg averaged 795kg and returned $1273.
- PH & GJ Ballard sold a pen of Droughtmaster vealer heifers 195c/kg averaged 260kg and returned $504.
- AJ Ballard & RF James sold a pen of Droughtmaster vealer steers 206c/kg averaged 255kg and returned $523.
- AJ, PJ & SM Williamson sold an Angus vealer steer 201c/kg weighed 260kg and returned $520.
- Kate Peterson sold a Droughtmaster vealer steer 205c/kg weighed 255kg and returned $520.
- L Kohlbach & E Snape sold a pen of Charolais cross restocker steers 216c/kg averaged 179kg and returned $385, also sold a Charbray vealer heifer 206c/kg weighed 185kg and returned $379.
- SJ Hyatt sold a pen of Brangus cross vealer heifers 204c/kg averaged 203kg and retuned $413.
- Mrs JE Barnier sold a Brangus vealer heifer 205c/kg weighed 220kg and returned $451.
- WD & RF Jupp sold a Droughtmaster vealer heifer 211c/kg weighed 155kg and returned $325.
- AP Franklin sold an Angus vealer steer 231c/kg weighed 120kg and returned $276.
- SJ & NM Williamson sold a Charolais vealer heifer 205c/kg weighed 190kg and returned $389.
- CJ & DM Love sold a pen of Charolais cross vealer steers 249c/kg averaged 96kg and returned $239.
- SJ & NM Williamson sold a Brangus cross vealer heifer 241c/kg weighed107kg and returned $258.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.