A SMALLER yarding of 331 cattle was offered at Grafton on Tuesday where the market opened fully firm to dearer for export cattle. Some very good heavy cows made to 159c/kg, while in the trade section prime vealers sold on par with last week's rates topping at 175c/kg. Store type calves however found the going very tough again.
Farrell McCrohon Stock & Station Agents
QUOTATIONS:( cents per kg live)
Export: Bullocks 16-168; heifers 140-158; prime cows 142-159; medium cows 119-145, boner cows 88-144; prime bulls 140-156.
Trade: light steers 155 - 168; light heifers 120-132; yealrings 152-162; vealers under 190kg 162-175; vealers over 190kg 161 -173; bobby calves 160-190.
- Cheryl McGuren bullocks sold to 168c/kg, weighed 605kg and returned $1012/hd.
- RJ & GE Grabham hereford steers made 146c/kg, to return $665/hd to restockers.
- Ron Mitchell cows made 142c/kg, weighed 520kg and returned $734/hd.
- Kungurrabar Station cows made 132c/kg, weighed 515kg and returned $671/hd.
- Monica Gentle cows made 146c/kg, weighed 505kg and returned $711/hd.
- Tracey Conroy cows sold to 148c/kg, weighed 555kg and returned $738/hd.
- Drayton Pastoral cows sold to 144c/kg, weighed 520kg and returned $740/hd.
- WA Niland cows sold to 144c/kg, weighed 545kg and returned $780/hd.
- S Fisher cows sold to 150c/kg, weighed 585kg and returned $867/hd.
- TJ & LG Keough vealers sold to 175c/kg, weighed 237kg and returned $413/hd.
- C Fernance vealers sold to 170c/kg, weighed 240kg and returned $406/hd.
- McLennan & James vealers sold to 172c/kg, weighed 215kg and returned $365/hd.
- CJ McGrath vealers sold to 160c/kg, weighed 228kg and returned $362/hd.
- John Sheraton bobby calves sold to 182c/kg, weighed 90kg and returned $162/hd.
- A & C Canale cows sold to 142c/kg, weighed 543kg and returned $760/hd.
Ray Donovan Stock & Station Agents
A plainer yarding of heavy steers this week with prices on par but reflected by the quality. A good yarding of cows with prices lifting 3c to 8c/kg for all cows suitable for slaughter. Young cattle and veal were mostly plainer and light in condition. Best of the calves eased 2-3c/kg to processors. Very little competition on restocker types saw values drop 20c/kg.
- AJ & MJ Lee sold a santa cross steer 151c/kg weighed 555kg and returned $833.
- Wayne Morris sold a pen of angus cross steers 160c/kg averaged 410kg and returned $652.
- Pat Beel sold an angus heifer 166c/kg weighed 590kg and returned $974.
- CA Summersell sold a pen of gelbvieh cross cows 157c/kg averaged 540kg and returned $843.
- Pat Beel sold a pen of charolais cows 159c/kg averaged 662kg and returned $1048.
- W & S Donoghue sold a pen of brahman and brangus cows 153c/kg averaged 555kg and returned $844.
- WV Ide sold a braford cow 146c/kg weighed 515kg and returned $747.
- P & J Parr sold a pen of charbray cows 150c/kg averaged 620kg and returned $925.
- Mogul Brahman Stud sold a brangus cow 146c/kg weighed 535kg and returned $776.
- Brad Johnston sold a charolais bull 155c/kg weighed 820kg and returned $1264.
- PC & RJ Wright sold a brahman bull 157c/kg weighed 775kg and returned $1210.
- RN Armitage sold a pen of angus vealer heifers 170c/kg averaged 250kg and returned $423.
- Everley Bennett sold a murray grey cross vealer steer 169c/kg weighed 240kg and returned $403.
- SJ & L Harper sold a brahman cross vealer heifer 163c/kg weighed 195kg and returned $316.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.