- Castle Brothers sold bullocks 166.2c/kg averaged 710kg and returned $1180.02.
- Leo J Carlton sold bullocks 169.2c/kg averaged 640 kg and returned $1082.88.
- Brian J Kellett sold dairy cows 139.2c/kg averaged 570kg and returned $793.44.
- Leo J Carlton sold export heifers 166.2c/kg averaged 490kg and returned $814.38.
- Harmony For All P/L sold yearlings 166.2c/kg averaged 385kg and returned $639.87.
- Ramornie Station sold yearlings 175.2c/kg averaged 350kg and returned $613.20.
- Smiths Creek Yearling Beef sold yearlings 175.2c/kg averaged 345kg and returned $604.44.
- Mark B Brown sold veal 205.2c/kg averaged 165kg and returned $338.58.
- MJ & RS Fallon sold veal 199.2c/kg averaged 215kg and returned $428.28.
- Mark Feeney sold veal 172.2c/kg averaged 260kg and returned $447.72.
- GW & AL Hicks sold veal 193.2c/kg averaged 180kg and returned $347.76.
- Ramornie Station sold veal 200.0c/kg averaged 255kg and returned $510.
- David Newton sold veal 181.2c/kg averaged 285kg and returned $516.42.
- J & A Norbury sold veal 191.2c/kg averaged 205kg and returned $391.96.
Farrell McCrohon Pty Ltd
THERE were 466 head of cattle yarded at Grafton on Tuesday. The market for export types was firm last week, with the best bullocks selling to 178c/kg and the best cows to 156c/kg. In the trade section, vealers to processors came back 3-6c/kg. This trend was mirrored in the restocker calves as well.
- Prices per kilo: Export bullocks 162 178; heifers 140 160; cows prime 138 156, medium 127 148; boner 102 126; bulls prime 139 159.
- Trade: Light steers 200 228; light heifers 160 178; yearlings 170 192; vealers under 190kg 202 208; vealers over 190kg 200 207; bobby calves 210 246.
- RP & NF Ensbey bullocks sold to 166c/kg, weighed 685kg and returned $1132/hd.
- JM & SA Hoy bullocks sold to 169c/kg, weighed 675kg and returned $1135/hd.
- PR & BA Ensbey bullocks sold to 166c/kg, weighed 650kg and returned $1074/hd.
- Swamp Pastoral bullocks sold to 178c/kg, weighed 640kg and returned $1134/hd.
- Scott Kroehnert bullocks sold to 166c/kg, weighed 547kg and returned $903/hd.
- McLennan & James cows sold to 149c/kg, weighed 430kg and returned $637/hd.
- HJ & NF Ensbey & Sons cows sold to 151c/kg, weighed 580kg and returned $871/hd.
- GR Lenz cows sold to 137c/kg, weighed 430kg and returned $586/hd.
- Pat Geere's heavy bull sold to 159c/kg, weighed 630kg and returned $997/hd.
- Kelly Whyte vealers sold to 207c/kg, weighed 221kg and returned $456/hd.
- Steve Crowe vealers sold to 205c/kg, weighed 210kg and returned $429/hd.
- Wingfield & Gillett Limo steers sold to 207c/kg, and returned $351/hd to restockers.
- Est JM Smith Brahman steers sold to 207c/kg, and returned $302/hd to restockers.
- Reg & Jean Barnier bobby calves sold to 220c/kg, weighed 140kg and returned $305/hd.
- IN & EE Heldt bobby calves made 246c/kg, weighed 100kg and returned $246/hd.
Ray DonovanStock & Station Agents
A TOTAL of 469 head of cattle were yarded at Grafton on Tuesday, with not a lot of prime cattle on offer.
Bullocks slightly down on last week with the best full mouth to 175c/kg. Cows sold fully firm to a shade dearer topping at 156c/kg. Butchers saw no change while vealers lost ground by 5-8c/kg. Bobby calves sold to 290c/kg.
- Keybarbin Pty Ltd sold a pen of brahman cross bullocks 175c/kg averaged 689kg and returned $1201.
- JR & JA Heaton sold an angus steer 175c/kg weighed 440kg and returned $766.
- LAD Investments sold a pen of brahman cows 155c/kg averaged 611kg and returned $943.
- F & S Kelly sold a brangus cow 156c/kg weighed 540kg and returned $838.
- RB Harper sold a brahman cow 145c/kg weighed 475kg and returned $684.
- WA & C Newcombe sold an angus cow 143c/kg weighed 580kg and returned $824.
- A Reardon sold a devon cow 130c/kg weighed 520kg and returned $676.
- PH & GJ Ballard sold a droughtmaster heifer 189c/kg weighed 300kg and returned $564.
- WA & C Newcombe sold an angus vealer steer 190c/kg weighed 285kg and returned $539.
- PH & GJ Ballard sold a droughtmaster vealer steer 200c/kg weighed 250kg and returned $498.
- AD & D Casey sold an angus vealer steer 204c/kg weighed 215kg and returned $436.
- EH Bowles sold a pen of brangus vealer steers 206c/kg averaged 197kg and returned $405.
- Craig Rogers sold a brahman cross vealer steer 207c/kg weighed 175kg and returned $360.
- Peter & Rebecca Hay sold an angus vealer steer 207c/kg weighed 245kg and returned $505.
- NF & GA Throsby sold an angus cross vealer steer 209c/kg weighed 220kg and returned $458.
- Warren Jackson sold a pen of angus cross vealer steers 207c/kg averaged 170kg and returned $350.
- IR & KF Smith sold a pen of angus vealer steers 237c/kg averaged 138kg and returned $326.
- SJ & JA Pereira sold a pen of angus cross vealers 289c/kg averaged 112kg and returned $324.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.