THE market at CQLX Gracemere last Friday followed trends throughout the state, with meatworks cattle a shade cheaper while the store cattle section also eased on the previous week's stronger rates.
In a yarding of 1946 cattle there were 884 steers, 802 heifers, 147 prime and store cows, 64 bulls and mickies and 48 cows and calves.
Steers to 200kg averaged 162c/kg or $282 a head, steers 201-300kg averaged 159c/kg or $406 and those 301-400kg averaged 141c/kg or $480.
Steers 401-500kg averaged 134c/kg or $604, while those over 500kg averaged 139c/kg or $789, reaching a maximum of $811.
Heifers to 200kg averaged 133c/kg or $221 a head, heifers 201-300kg averaged 123c/kg or $314, those in the 301-400kg range averaged 121c/kg or $403, while those over 400kg averaged 113c/kg or $498, with a top of $663.
Cows and calves averaged $575, with a top of $680. Cows 320-400kg averaged 55c/kg or $194 a head, cows 400-450kg averaged 94c/kg or $395, while those over 450kg averaged 108c/kg or $546, to top at $687.
Bulls up to 450kg averaged 108c/kg or $298 a head, bulls and mickies 451-600kg averaged 92c/kg or $464, while bulls over 600kg averaged 103c/kg or $712, reaching a top of $869.
CQLX Sale Highlights
- Friday, April 19. Yarding: 1946.
- The Cameron Family, Calliope, sold a pen of droughtmaster cross weaner steers to top at 176c/kg, weighing 226kg to return $400
- Jean Challacombe, Duaringa, sold a pen of weaner steers to top at 170c/kg, weighing 263kg to return $447
- Jim & Helen Knuth, Duaringa, sold a pen of brangus No.2 heifers to top at 159c/kg, weighing 313kg to return $498
- Summerlea Grazing Company, Galloway Plains, Calliope, sold brahman cross weaner steers for 169c/kg, weighing 270kg and returning $456
- Bronnson P/L, Stanwell, sold brahman cross cows and calves for $680
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.