SULLIVAN Livestock yarded 1081 cattle at the Gympie cattle sale on Monday, October 8 and the market remained firm for all descriptions. Cattle were drawn from Monto, Mundubbera, Manumbar, Kilkivan, Woolooga, Eumundi, Conondale, Maleny and local areas.
- Droughtmaster steers two years from Don Law sold for $1.85 or $769.
- Good quality Simmental cross steers 18 months from Val Ware, Widgee sold for $1.90 or $722.
- Droughtmaster steers two years from Bill Pukallus, Widgee sold for $1.83.
- The Dunmall family sold Droughtmaster steers 18 months for $1.87. Good quality Charbray No. 1 steers from Bruce Flick, Monto sold for $2, to return $640.
- Charolais cross steers from Ray Randall, 'Nindah' sold for $1.90 ($643), $1.93 ($595) and $1.95.
- Droughtmaster weaner steers from Kevin Kenny, Cooran sold for $2.10/kg. Droughtmaster weaner steers from Wayne Bisch, Langshaw sold for $2.08 or $440.
- Droughtmaster steers from Hilary Smerdon, Woolooga sold for $2.07 or $445.
- John Stuart, Coondoo sold Droughtmaster steers for $2.06. Charbray weaner steers from the Euston family, Glastonbury sold for $1.98.
- Charbray cross steers eight months from Peter Cunningham, Sandy Creek sold for $2.02. Generally better quality weaner steers sold from $1.85 to $2.10.
- Charbray heifers from Bruce Flick, Monto sold to a top $1.90 or $647, while his other heifers made $1.80.
- Brahman cross heifers 18 months from John Crossley, Widgee sold for $1.75 or $543.
- Weaner heifers topped $1.99 for Red Brahman heifers from the Rogers family, returning $425.
- Braford Heifers from the Dinsey family, Cooroy sold for $1.84 or $441.
- Droughtmaster heifers from Joe and Peta Mooney sold for $1.87/kg.
- Red Brangus heifers from Stephen Duff, Long Flat sold for $1.84 or $417.
Next sale Monday, October 22.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.