PRICES firmed for most store cattle at CQLX Gracemere last Friday, especially for the better lines of breeder cattle.
The market for prime cattle was a shade easier following the trends at other major centres.
Gracemere yarded 1957 head, comprising 828 steers, 240 cows, 831 heifers, 33 cows and calves and 25 bulls.
Steers to 200kg averaged 160c/kg or $300 a head, steers 201-300kg averaged 161c/kg and $402 while those 301-400kg averaged 145c/kg or $496. Steers 401-500kg averaged 141c/kg or $626 a head and those over 500kg averaged 138c/kg or $804, reaching a top of $927.
Heifers to 200kg averaged 129c/kg or $219 a head, while those 201-300kg averaged 135c/kg or $337.
Heifers 301-400kg averaged 131c/kg or $428, while those over 400kg averaged 120c/kg or $554, reaching a maximum of $650.
Cows and calves averaged $675, with a top of $800.
Cows 320-450kg averaged 85c/kg or $375 a head, while those over 450kg averaged 117c/kg or $368, with a maximum of $513.
Bulls and mickies under 600kg averaged 117c/kg or $368 a head.
Bulls over 600kg averaged 113c/kg or $774, reaching a top of $900.
CQLX Sale Highlights
Friday, April 5. Yarding: 1957.
- Dan Bishop, Figtree, Glenroy, sold a pen of brahman cross weaner steers for 168c/kg, weighing 229kg to return $386
- Gordon & Iris Frankish, Morinish, sold a pen of weaner steers to top at 196c/kg, weighing 188kg to return $370
- John & Yvonne Galea, Sarina, sold two pens of crossbred weaner steers for 168c/kg, weighing 301kg to return $505
- Frank Bowman & Family, Marlborough, sold charbray cross weaner steers to top at 167c/kg, weighing 320kg to return $520 a head
- Ian Miller, Mijovi, Keppel Sands, sold a pen of red brahman cows and calves for $800
- Comanche Grazing Co, Lake Learmonth, Yaamba, sold 241 EU-accredited No.2 heifers to average 258kg at 141c/kg and return $364
- Jack Baker & Family, Goovigen, sold a pen of droughtmaster cross weaner heifers to top at 141c/kg, weighing 233kg to return $329
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.