A TOTAL of 446 cattle were yarded at Grafton on Tuesday. A very good line-up of bullocks saw values improve by 3 to 6c/kg. Cows sold fully firm on last week. In the trade section, good quality finished veal sold on a par from the last sale, however lesser quality and plainer calves found the going tough.
Ray Donovan Stock and Station Agents
- RG Farlow sold a pen of Angus bullocks 159c/kg averaged 780kg and returned $1241
- AC & RK Pleasance sold a Charbray bullock 165c/kg weighed 660kg and returned $1090
- AJ & LM Felton sold an Angus steer 159c/kg weighed 620kg and returned $987
- DJ Vickery sold a Charolais heifer 147c/kg averaged 480kg and returned $706
- MJ Oates sold an Angus cross heifer 153c/kg weighed 515kg and returned $789, also sold an Angus cow 142c/kg weighed 530kg and returned $753
- Jason Yager sold a Charolais cow 151c/kg weighed 640kg and returned $967
- RR Davey sold a pen of Santa cows 146c/kg averaged 552kg and returned $806ea
- DJ & C Bowles sold a Brangus cow 142c/kg weighed 535kg and returned $760
- PJ & WJ Beel sold a Charolais cross cow 141c/kg weighed 565kg and returned $798
- WD & PM Browning sold a Santa cow 134c/kg weighed 505kg and returned $677, Brahman cross steer 159c/kg weighed 335kg and returned $533, Angus heifer 155c/kg weighed 280kg returned $434, also a pen of Charolais heifers 172c/kg averaged 227kg and returned $391ea
- RK Gaudron & SM Cosgrove sold a Santa cross vealer heifer 162c/kg weighed 260kg and returned $421
- Scott & Wendy Campbell sold a pen of Angus steers 158c/kg averaged 360kg and returned $570
- L Kohlback & E Snape sold a pen of Brahman Cross vealer heifers 169c/kg averaged 248kg and returned $418ea
- RB Harper sold a Brahman vealer steer 169c/kg weighed 230kg and returned $389
- A/c RB Nowland sold an Angus vealer heifer 170c/kg weighed 245kg and returned $417
- A/c MJ Oates sold a Hereford vealer heifer 196c/kg weighed 135kg and returned $265, also sold a pen of Angus vealer heifers 210c/kg averaged 122kg and returned $257
- A/c Thrower Partnership sold a Freisian vealer 210c/kg weighed 130kg and returned $273
Farrell McCrohon Stock and Station Agents
Quotations (c/kg live)
Export: bullocks 160- 174; heifers 135 -158; prime cows 140-152; medium cows 126- 147; boner cows 70-90; prime bulls 150-169.
Trade: light steers158- 170; light heifers 130-150; yearlings 158- 167; vealers (under 190kgs) 162-173; vealers (over190kgs) 161-171; bobby calves 192-210.
- PR & BA Ensbey bullocks sold to 167c/kg, weighed 710kg and returned $1180/hd.
- Leo Carlton bullocks sold to 168c/kg, weighed 640kg and returned $1070/hd.
- A & MJ Moran bullocks sold to 170c/kg, weighed 560kg and returned $948/hd.
- WJ & SR Fischer bullocks sold to 174c/kg, weighed 608kg and returned $1052/hd.
- WH Conroy cow sold to 145c/kg, weighed 488kg and returned $704/hd.
- RL & MM Frame cows sold to 143c/kg, weighed 450kg and returned $640/hd.
- A & ML Robertson cows sold to 147c/kg, weighed 503kg and returned $735/hd.
- Jikero P'Ship cows sold to 143c/kg, weighed 553kg and returned $786/hd.
- Marnec P'Ship cows sold to 140c/kg, weighed 520kg and returned $724/hd.
- Jill McGregor vealers sold to 164c/kg, weighed 245kg and returned $392/hd.
- Maybrook vealers sold to 170c/kg, weighed 250kg and returned $421/hd.
- Sutherland Bros vealers sold to 165c/kg, weighed 269kg and returned $439/hd.
- BT & LA Duck vealers sold to 173c/kg, weighed 213kg and returned $366/hd.
- Kroehnert Family vealers sold to 158c/kg, weighed 265kg and returned $414/hd.
- Keys & McDonald heavy bull made 169c/kg, weighed 925kg and returned $1556/hd.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.