A TOTAL of 6850 head of cattle was penned at Roma's Store Sale on Tuesday.
- Weaners under 220kg topped at 212c/kg and averaged 163c/kg, while weaner steers in the 220-280kg range reached 210c/kg and averaged 180c/kg.
- Steers in the 280-350kg range reached 205c/kg and averaged 182c/kg, and steers in the 350-400kg range reached 185c/kg and averaged 172c/kg.
- Feeder steers in the 400-550kg range topped at 178c/kg and averaged 168c/kg.
- The Cluff family, Wilamba, Amby, sold angus steers to 212c/kg for 230kg to return $489 a head.
- Walkaway Beef, Estland, Amby, sold santa-cross steers to 210c/kg for 250kg to return $526 a head.
- The Pezet family, Ard-Na-Ree, Charleville, sold santa-cross steers to 206c/kg for 260kg to make $536.
- Winter Irving, Kelso, Dirranbandi, sold angus steers to 204c/kg for 311kg to return $636 a head. They also sold angus heifers to 166c/kg for 318kg to make $528.
- Glen Valley Pastoral Co, Jundah, sold EU santa steers to 200c/kg for 273kg to return $546 a head.
- The Hall family, Allawah, Lightning Ridge, sold santa steers to 195c/kg for 299kg to make $584 a head.
- The Rolfe family, Nindinna, Roma, sold charolais steers to 193c/kg for 280kg to return $542 a head.
- Grab Pastoral Co, Roma, sold charbray steers to 190c/kg for 325kg to make $619 a head.
- The Bright family, Karoola Park, Roma, sold angus-cross steers to 190c/kg for 287kg to return $546 a head.
- RX Enterprises, Womalbrook, Mitchell, sold angus-cross steers to 187c/kg for 327kg to make $612 a head.
- Mount Playfair Cattle Co, Tambo, sold droughtmaster steers to 179c for 386kg to make $692 a head.
- The Richards family, Plainfarm, Roma, sold santa steers to 179c/kg for 312kg to return $560 a head.
- Heifers in the 350-450kg range reached 168c/kg and averaged 145c/kg.
- Heifers in the 280-350kg range topped at 170c/kg and averaged 152c/kg.
- Heifers in the 220-280kg range topped at 179c/kg and averaged 153c/kg, while heifers under 220kg topped at 178c/kg and averaged 146c/kg.
- The Proud family, Woodstock, Roma, sold charolais-cross heifers to 175c/kg for 241kg to return $422.
- Killarney Park Grazing, Tambo, sold santa heifers to 170c/kg for 341kg to make $580 a head.
- Albury Pastoral Co, Albury Station, Mungallala, sold charolais heifers to 167c/kg for 250kg to return $418.
- Cows over 500kg hit 164c/kg and averaged 145c/kg, while cows 400-500kg topped at 156c/kg and averaged 129c/kg.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.