A LARGER yarding of 3044 head came to hand at CQLX Gracemere last Friday.
The size of the offering saw quality cattle maintain their value, while the lesser quality cattle were easier.
The offering comprised 1102 bullocks and steers, 1560 heifers, 224 cows, 14 bulls and 144 cows and calves, drawn from Charters Towers in the north, west to Winton and south to Ubobo.
Steers to 200kg averaged 177c/kg or $334a head, steers 201-300kg averaged 192c/kg or $460 and those 301-400kg averaged 168c/kg or $598. Steers 401-500kg averaged 166c/kg or $729, while those over 500kg averaged 161c/kg or $932, peaking at $1060.
Heifers to 200kg averaged 145c/kg or $257 a head, heifers 201-300kg averaged 153c/kg or $381 and those 301-400kg averaged 151c/kg or $508. Heifers over 400kg averaged 151c/kg or $629, reaching a top of $664.
Cows and calves averaged $764, peaking at $1030.
Cows 320-450kg averaged 115c/kg or $450 a head and those over 450kg averaged 128c/kg or $630, peaking at $940.
Bulls and mickies under 600kg averaged 113c/kg or $648, while bulls over 600kg averaged 118c/kg or $857, peaking at $1053.
CQLX Sale Highlights
- Friday, November 23. Yarding: 3044.
- Alchera Pty Ltd, Baralaba, sold braford cross bullocks for 165c/kg, weighing 632kg and returning $1044
- Moorvale Pastoral Co, Nebo, sold 110 brangus and brahman No.1 steers to average 384kg for 174c/kg, returning $670
- John & Cris Peacock, Goovigen, sold simmental cross weaner steers to top at 219c/kg, weighing 246kg to return $535
- Galloway Plains, Calliope, sold five pens of brahman cross weaner steers to top at 232kg for 222c/kg, returning $517
- Mick & Marg Teys, Dululu, sold a pen of droughtmaster steers to top at 217c/kg, weighing 241kg to return $524
- Lestree Downs, Clermont, sold 112 grey brahman heifers to top at 170c/kg, averaging 337kg to return $550
- Andrew & Roxanne Olive, Raglan, sold No.1 grey brahman heifers to top at 172c/kg, weighing 300kg to return $516