PRICES were firm to dearer as a smaller yarding of 2132 head was offered at last week's Emerald sale.
Bullocks over 550kg topped at 180c/kg, to average 177c/kg, firm.
Steers 500-550kg peaked at 176c/kg, to average 171c/kg, a gain of two cents. Steers 400-500kg sold to 173c/kg, to average 162c/kg, down five cents. Those in the 320-400kg range reached 194c/kg, to average 169c/kg, a gain of three cents. Steers 220-320kg reached 210c/kg, to average 185c/kg and gain seven cents. Light steers under 220kg sold to 201c/kg, to average 184c/kg, a loss of five cents.
Meatworks cows and heifers saw gains across the board, to see cows over 520kg reach 150c/kg, to average 148c/kg.
Medium weight cows 400-520kg remained firm to average 135c/kg.
Prime heifers made to 170c/kg, to average 165c/kg. Heifers 300-400kg topped at 174c/kg, to average 162c/kg and gain six cents. Heifers 220-300kg reached 192c/kg, to average 163c/kg, to be four cents dearer. Light heifers to 220kg improved greatly to reach 184c/kg and average 168c/kg.
Emerald Sale Highlights
November 15. Yarding: 2132.
- Brett & Paula Sullivan, Little Rock, Emerald, sold charolais cross cows to 150.2c/kg, to weigh 560kg and gross $841
- John & Josh Walsh, Freshfields, Capella, sold 54 santa heifers to a top of 172.2c/kg and an average 170.5c/kg at 378kg, grossing $645
- Ian Burnett, Wyuna, Emerald, sold brahman cross cows to 146.2c/kg for 517kg, grossing $755; his 350kg heifers made 170.2c/kg, grossing $594
- Helen Bell, Blue Hills, Yamala, sold droughtmaster bullocks for 176.2c/kg to weigh 666.7kg for $1175
- Jason & Sharon Simpson, Airlee, Emerald, sold brahman cows for 141.2c/kg, to weigh 497kg and return $702.47
- Peter & Paula Heelan, Ulcanbah, Clermont, sold droughtmaster feeder heifers for 165c/kg, weighing 342kg for $555
- Leon & Raelee Clothier, Borilla Park, Emerald, sold droughtmaster weaner heifers for 175c/kg, weighing 212kg and returning $370; the steers made to 199c/kg
- Murray & Maria Brimblecombe, Mt Lowe, Capella, sold quality droughtmaster cross weaner steers weighing 336kg to make 194.2c/kg and return $653
- Marie-Anne Elliott, Allambie, Springsure, sold a quality droughtmaster cross heifers weighing 545kg to make 165.2c/kg and $900
- The Atkinson Family, Cardona, Blackwater, sold quality santa heifers weighing 335kg to make 173.2c/kg and return $580
- David &Bec Comiskey, Melton, Alpha, sold a quality draft of EU simbrah and brangus weaner heifers, the lead pen weighing 328kg to make 174.2c/kg and return $572
Only 200m level stroll from the beautiful Noosa River, this character filled residence is one of eight stand alone townhouses and offers peace and privacy. ...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.