PRICES were firm to dearer as a smaller yarding of 2132 head was offered at last week's Emerald sale.
Bullocks over 550kg topped at 180c/kg, to average 177c/kg, firm.
Steers 500-550kg peaked at 176c/kg, to average 171c/kg, a gain of two cents. Steers 400-500kg sold to 173c/kg, to average 162c/kg, down five cents. Those in the 320-400kg range reached 194c/kg, to average 169c/kg, a gain of three cents. Steers 220-320kg reached 210c/kg, to average 185c/kg and gain seven cents. Light steers under 220kg sold to 201c/kg, to average 184c/kg, a loss of five cents.
Meatworks cows and heifers saw gains across the board, to see cows over 520kg reach 150c/kg, to average 148c/kg.
Medium weight cows 400-520kg remained firm to average 135c/kg.
Prime heifers made to 170c/kg, to average 165c/kg. Heifers 300-400kg topped at 174c/kg, to average 162c/kg and gain six cents. Heifers 220-300kg reached 192c/kg, to average 163c/kg, to be four cents dearer. Light heifers to 220kg improved greatly to reach 184c/kg and average 168c/kg.
Emerald Sale Highlights
November 15. Yarding: 2132.
- Brett & Paula Sullivan, Little Rock, Emerald, sold charolais cross cows to 150.2c/kg, to weigh 560kg and gross $841
- John & Josh Walsh, Freshfields, Capella, sold 54 santa heifers to a top of 172.2c/kg and an average 170.5c/kg at 378kg, grossing $645
- Ian Burnett, Wyuna, Emerald, sold brahman cross cows to 146.2c/kg for 517kg, grossing $755; his 350kg heifers made 170.2c/kg, grossing $594
- Helen Bell, Blue Hills, Yamala, sold droughtmaster bullocks for 176.2c/kg to weigh 666.7kg for $1175
- Jason & Sharon Simpson, Airlee, Emerald, sold brahman cows for 141.2c/kg, to weigh 497kg and return $702.47
- Peter & Paula Heelan, Ulcanbah, Clermont, sold droughtmaster feeder heifers for 165c/kg, weighing 342kg for $555
- Leon & Raelee Clothier, Borilla Park, Emerald, sold droughtmaster weaner heifers for 175c/kg, weighing 212kg and returning $370; the steers made to 199c/kg
- Murray & Maria Brimblecombe, Mt Lowe, Capella, sold quality droughtmaster cross weaner steers weighing 336kg to make 194.2c/kg and return $653
- Marie-Anne Elliott, Allambie, Springsure, sold a quality droughtmaster cross heifers weighing 545kg to make 165.2c/kg and $900
- The Atkinson Family, Cardona, Blackwater, sold quality santa heifers weighing 335kg to make 173.2c/kg and return $580
- David &Bec Comiskey, Melton, Alpha, sold a quality draft of EU simbrah and brangus weaner heifers, the lead pen weighing 328kg to make 174.2c/kg and return $572