PRICES were mostly easier as a larger yarding of 2316 head was offered at last week's Emerald sale.
- Bullocks over 550kg topped at 171c/kg, to average 166c/kg, firm.
- Steers 500-550kg peaked at 165c/kg, to average 157c/kg, a loss of 12 cents.
- Steers 400-500kg sold to 176c/kg, to average 150c/kg, also a loss of 12 cents.
- Steers 320-400kg reached 197c/kg, to average 166c/kg, a loss of three cents. Steers 220-320kg reached 207c/kg, to average 184c/kg, to be firm.
- Light steers under 220kg sold to 205c/kg, to average 182c/kg, a loss of two cents.
- Meatworks cows and heifers saw losses across the board, to see cows over 520kg to 138c/kg, to average 132c/kg.
- Medium weight cows 400-520kg averaged 128c/kg.
- Prime heifers made to 160c/kg, to average 150c/kg.
- Heifers 300-400kg topped at 159c/kg, to average 138c/kg. Heifers 220-300kg reached 193c/kg, to average 150c/kg, while light heifers up to 220kg sold to reach 164c/kg and average 143c/kg.
Emerald Sale Highlights
- Thursday, November 22. Yarding: 2316.
- John & Mary Ranclaud, Acacia, Emerald, sold santa steers to top the sale at 207.2c/kg and weigh 246kg, to gross $510
- George, Marie & Steve Saunders, Medway Park, Bogantungan, sold a quality draft of charbray/droughtmaster brahman cross weaner steers to top the sale at 205.2c/kg, with the lead pen weighing 268kg and returning $551
- Colin & Trina Hay, Green Valley, Bogantungan, sold quality brangus weaner steers to top the sale at 206.2c/kg and weigh 235kg, to return $485
- Chris Priddle, Adair, Rolleston, sold droughtmaster cross steers to 189.2c/kg, to weigh 301kg and gross $570
- Charles & Mary Tyson, Hawthorne, Springsure, sold drought- master cross heifers to 154.2c/kg, to weigh 284kg for $438
- Rob & Candy Cross, Fermanagh, Anakie, sold quality santa weaner steers weighing 321kg to make 197.2c/kg, to return $634; they also sold quality prime brahman cross heifers weighing 497kg to make 153.2c/kg and return $762
- Murray & Maria Brimblecombe, Mt Lowe, Capella, sold quality charolais/droughtmaster cross weaner steers at 309kg to average 194.2c/kg and top at 201.2c/kg, to return $601
- Dick, Jenny & Will Jansen, Riverview, Alpha, sold a run of char cross weaner steers to 207c/kg at 257kg to return $533; the heifer portion made to 167c/kg, weighing 248kg for $414
- CF Flohr, Chasford, Clermont, sold santa weaners, the steers making 201c/kg, weighing 255kg for $514; his heifers made to 167c/kg, weighing 258kg for $432
- Richard & Robyn Daniels, Plainfields, Gindie, sold santa cows to 131c/kg, weighing 615kg for $808
- Bar H Grazing, River-Lea, Comet, sold good quality brangus steers for 200.2c/kg, for 269kg to return $539
- Jellinbah Pastoral Co, Cotherstone, Dysart, sold brahman cross steers for 179.2c/kg, to weigh 353kg for $633.32
- Hiddenvale Pastoral Co, Hiddenvale, Anakie, sold quality brahman euro cross weaner steers for 204.2c/kg, to weigh 235kg and return $479.87
- Ed & Donna Harvey, Butha, The Willows, offered 669kg droughtmaster cross bullocks to make 170.2c/kg and $1139
- The Esmond Family, Lucknow, Capella, had their santa/euro cross bullocks reach 165.2c/kg for 604kg and $998
- Ken & Evelyn O'Brien, Myrtle Park, Comet, had their 696kg santa cows reach 138c/kg and $961
- Don & Kay Gordon, Spring Creek, Alpha, sold their 592kg red brangus cows to 133.2c/kg and $789
- Alan & Anne Wells & Family, Malthoid, Capella, offered a line of large-frame droughtmaster/brahman cross cows with calves at foot to make $905
This Designer home offers everything you will need, excellent presentation, modern features, and styled with neutral colours. This outstanding home is located in...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.