THE market was fully firm on the previous week's rates as 2431 head came to hand at CQLX Gracemere last Friday.
The offering comprised 846 bullocks and steers, 1319 heifers, 197 cows, 31 bulls and 38 cows and calves.
Cattle were drawn from Nebo and Mackay in the north, south to Miriam Vale and west to Dingo, as well as the local area.
Steers to 200kg averaged 201c/kg or $356 a head, while steers 201-300kg averaged 190c/kg or $474.
Steers in the 301-400kg range averaged 175c/kg or $591, while steers 401-500kg averaged 165c/kg or $716.
Heavy steers over 500kg averaged 162c/kg or $914, reaching a top of $1283.
Heifers to 200kg averaged 169c/kg or $309 a head, while heifers 201-300kg averaged 163c/kg or $394.
Heifers 301-400kg averaged 156c/kg or $517, while heifers over 400kg averaged 145c/kg or $638, topping at $806.
Cows and calves averaged $566 and reached a top of $760.
Cows 320-450kg averaged 122c/kg or $483, while those over 450kg averaged 141c/kg or $742, reaching a top of $911.
Bulls and mickies under 600kg averaged 113c/kg or $608, while bulls over 600kg averaged 126c/kg or $923, topping at $1116.
CQLX Sale Highlights
Friday, November 16. Yarding: 2431.
- Lionel Downing, Mt Larcom, sold charbray bullocks for 170c/kg, weighing 638kg to return $1085 a head
- John & Sue Halberstater, Dululu, sold a pen of droughtmaster cross prime cows to top at 157c/kg, weighing 565kg to return $860
- SG & J Davies, Ubobo, sold charbray weaner steers for 220c/kg, weighing 240kg to return $528
- Clayton Smith & Family, Dalma, sold a pen of charbray weaner steers to top at 222c/kg, weighing 243kg to return $540
- Mt Flora Cattle Trust, Nebo, sold a run of 419 droughtmaster No.2 heifers to top at 191c/kg; the line averaged 223kg to return $390
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.